Ticker

Monday, June 29, 2009

Weight and Weigh In Clarification

I need to clear something up! The last time I weighed myself at home was early June and I weighed 254. I kept that number in my head. However, when I went to my doctor on June 17th their scale said I weighed 260. I shrugged it off because it was late in the afternoon and I was fully clothed- you know how it is- we like to weigh naked after we have peed right? LOL Anyway, I weighed this morning back at my house and my scale says 252. YEAH!!!! So, if we go with the starting weight of the Dr. visit I have lost 8 pounds since the 17th! Or if we go with my home scale, I have lost 2 pounds, which is still good, but I like 8 better!

My next weigh in will be next Monday July 6, 2009.

Last night I excerised with the girlfriends again and it was great. We did 5 laps around the high school track. 3 of the laps we alternated jogging and walking and boy did my heart rate increase. I was sweating like mad too. Then I did a few abdominal exercises before going home. I felt so good when I left. I feel great today and can't wait to get out there tonight.

On the food front.....after my doctor appointment on the 17th I started being more conscious of what I was eating, but I finally started writing things down and counting calories on the 26th. I am staying under the 1800 calorie range and I think I am getting past the white knuckle withdrawl stage. Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary, Looking forward to following along with you on your journey:)

    1. Your starting weight should be the one you used on your scale since that's the one you'll use to weigh yourself throughout the year...right?
    2. It should be more about how you feel and less about the numbers...sizes. Depending on the brand, I have a four size range...odd, but that's due to different styles and manufactures. Those two numbers are important (100 & 1000), so keep up the good work.
    3. You know Grampy is all about your health and having you 'around' for a LOOOONG time. I may not be overweight, but I'm not in good cardio health. I get winded and exhausted just running up the stairs. So, I'm going to be a little side kick with your challenge. I need to get heart healthy and firm up. When you move your arm and then stop, your arm should stop moving, too...mine doesn't. What's all this arm jiggle about after 35 years old...not to mention all the other areas that jiggle;-)

    I'm excited for you and looking forward to reading about your journey. Lots of love, Cindy

    ReplyDelete