Ticker

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Doctor

Yesterday the Dr. called to tell me about my bloodwork. Liver and kidneys- good. Cholesterol- normal. Good Cholesterol is low so he recommended eating nuts and salmon several times a week. Yippee, I get to go to Sam's Club and buy a big bag of salmon- yummy! My A1C was 6.5. He said it was good for me and since I am taking 1000mg of Metformin now he expects it to be lower next time. I can't wait to surprise him with my weight loss- whatever it is- by the time I go back in September.

I walked 7 laps around the track last night. My legs felt like jello when I left. For some reason last night's walk was rough to get through. Every now and then I had to let out a groan of some sort as if to release the pain from my calves. I didn't do any jogging last night because I ate too soon before arriving, but I did do 400 meters of runing on Monday night.

I am bloated and starting my cycle so I am fighting all sorts of cravings. Craving when you are on a mission to eat healthier just really stinks! I did make a FANTASTIC discovery at Super Walmart though- they have SINGLE SERVING Hagaan Daaz ice cream! Thank you God! I can indulge without having to measure ice cream or have more sitting around for me to think about eating. I can have my treat, write it down and move on.

Also, a great treat that will help me get my good cholesterol up is Almonds. They only have 5 calories each.

No comments:

Post a Comment