Ticker

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Lost 5 pounds

I weighed in Wednesday and was down to 253.6 from 258.6 the Wednesday before. Down 5 pounds exactly.  I stayed under 1700 calories everyday and drank water everyday.  I am eating foods I like so I don't feel deprived, but I am weighing and measuring everything and putting all the data into http://www.fitday.com/

I weigh again this coming Wednesday and I am hoping for at least two more pounds gone.  My first mini goal is 10 pounds and I am halfway there. I am setting mini goals so I can feel a sense of accomplishment along the way.  I think this will help me from being impatient and overwhelmed by the big picture of losing over 100 pounds.

One great salad I made for myself this week:

Iceberg Lettuce Salad Mix 4 cups - 30 calories
1 can of tuna - 100 calories
2 hard boiled eggs sliced/chopped up - 140
2 tablespoons ranch dressing - 110 calories

Total 380 calories and VERY filling and gets me protein.   I may eventually switch to a "light" or "fat free" dressing if I can find one that tastes good. I refuse to eat anything that doesn't taste good because that only sets me up to fail.  I drink water with all my meals.

I saw some Whole Wheat tortillas at HEB yesterday. When I do my grocery shopping this week I am getting some and am going to experiment with making wraps - tuna or chicken with shredded lettuce, tomato, maybe avacado (super food) and a tablespoon or two of dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment